CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

I spoke TWO soon!




So maybe I jumped the gun a little in venting on my blog a little too soon. We had our little boy only two days after my "emotional unload" and yes............Now Sophi shares the same birthday as her little brother Cash! I can't believe it, out of 365 days in a year, they were born exactly 2 years apart to the date. The similarities were crazy, they were both 20 inches long, and Cash only weighed an ounce more than Sophi. It seems that 10am also seems to be a consistent time with both of them. My water broke with Sophia at 10:00 am and with Cash my contractions were coming 4 min apart at home starting at 10:00 am. I called my docs office just to double check how close my contractions were suppose to be in order to head to the hospital cause I couldnt remember. I had a 1:45 appt scheduled that day, but after I talked to the nurse, she asked if we could make it in at 10:35 and she'd have the doctor just check me and see whats up. So we packed up all our bags, loaded Sophia and headed to the office. She checked me and I was at 5 cm and 100%. She asked if we packed everything or if we had to head home because she didnt suggest taking too long heading over to the hospital. We got all checked in and situated in the delivery room about 11:15 or 11:30. I hung out for about an hour with my contractions, had the epidural about 12:30, told them I was feeling the need to push about 12:45ish or 1:00 after my epidural. The nurses asked me what I was at when I went to the office at 10:35, told them, they asked if I was checked again by anyone, told them no, so they checked again. The nurse was a little in shock that she thought I was at 9 cm, so she asked another nurse to check and that nurse said I was already a 10 and we needed to get the doctor there. Needless to say the doctor rushed in and delivered Cash at 1:33. Nuts! I never expected things to go so fast. Good thing I didnt hang out at home much longer timing my contractions. I might have had him in the hospital hallway or something! Things are great thought, hes a very good baby and we feel blessed for a second time with a great child. Eventually I'll have time later to post more pictures, but this is all I have easy access to at the time. We're postponing Sophi's birthday celebration to Monday the 8. So I'll have a post hopefully shortly after. Hope you enjoy!


13 comments:

kelliej said...

I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations!! I hope mine goes that fast...that's incredible. He definitely looks like another Bartlett baby.

Jennie said...

yeah for you guys! im sure you will have fun each year trying to figure out how to make both of their birthdays special!

Jacque said...

That is so exciting Heidi! How awesome that they share the same B-Day. I wonder how you're going to make that work...I mean, I guess you could throw a Barbie Power Ranger themed Party...
Maybe not
Haha!
He is so cute and I hope Sophi is adjusting well!
Lucky you that whole process went so fast!
Send more pics to my phone!
Love you guys and Miss you!

Megan Bartlett said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy you had Cash and that it was such a quick delivery! You totally deserved it after your nightmare with the too-early contractions. I can't believe he and SOphia were both 20 inches! Luke was 18 1/2! And this one might be even shorter...CONGRATULATIONS!!! We'll let you know how things progress on our end...

chelsmi said...

What a gem! Congratulations!

Jen Giorgis said...

Yay....Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you that he is here and I love, love, love his name. Absolutely darling. My question is...What's going on in the month of December/January that both of your kids were concieved? Is it just the holidays, New Years, cold winter? Kinda funny!

SqUiRt said...

Congratulations!! Lil Shopia looks so happy to meet her little brother! I love you guys!

Frei Family said...

Congrats!! I am so happy! I cant believe that you had them on the same day!! that is crazy!! At least it is easier to remember this way...=)!!!

Michelle said...

you know what would be even cooler? if you had another kid on the same day!!

get to working on that. :)

congrats kiddo! LOVE YA.

Erin said...

yay! congrats. he is beautiful! I can't wait to see more pics of them! Love the name you picked!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! can't wait to see pictures!

lacey said...

Hi Heidi! I found your blog from Jenny Giorgis! Your blog is way cute!! I'm glad I was able to see Cash, he is such a cute baby! Hopefully you are getting some sleep! Anyways our blog is brianandlaceybagley.blogspot.com if you want to check it out!

Jolisa said...

Hey Heidi! It's Jolisa. I am so glad I found your blog! (I saw it on Elise and Nate's) I love to check on people in Omaha. I really miss it. I didn't realize it when we lived there, but it was a great place to live. Arizona is still pretty warm, but we are liking it. Sofia is SO grown up and what a sweet new baby boy. Funny that they were born on the same day! My little sister and I were born on March 2nd and March 3rd.